What began as a community project to revitalize the historic Prices Fork Elementary School in 2012, has flourished into the organization Live Work Eat Grow. The old school renovation now includes mixed-income apartments, an independently owned restaurant, a local brewery and a shared-use kitchen. Together, these entities not only provide an economic benefit, but a renewed energy in our community.
Today, Live Work Eat Grow operates as a 501c3 nonprofit supporting sustainable, community food systems, farms and gardens. At Millstone Kitchen and our multiple community gardens, we foster small food businesses, preserve space for communal gardening and support food security initiatives throughout the region.
Our mission is cultivate vibrant communities by fostering local food, farms and gardens; creating jobs and growing small businesses; supporting an affordable home for all; and gathering friends and neighbors.
At Live Work Eat Grow, we cultivate vibrant communities.
Board of Directors
- Kevin Byrd, Executive Director of the New River Valley Regional Commission
- April DeMotts, Montgomery County Board of Supervisors
- Deborah Edwards, Director of the Blacksburg Farmer’s Market
- Shelley Fortier, Community Member
- Christy Gabbard, Owner of Local Concepts LLC
- Emily Gibson, Director of Community Relations at Virginia Tech
- Lia Kelinsky-Jones, Post-Doctoral Fellow at Johns Hopkins University
- Justin Mosby, Associate Director of Philanthropy for Guideposts Foundation
- Elisabeth Willis, Community Member
- Jennifer Wilsie, AICP, Senior Planner with the New River Valley Regional Commission